May's RSC18 color is pink and rose. Some of you may remember I participated in Carla's 30 Blocks in 30 Days in April. I originally started to make the blocks in the order Carla presented them, but using the color order from So Scrappy's Rainbow Challenge. Of course, I did not know in what order the rainbow colors would be selected. I did know what the colors might be and finally I decided to just make the colors willy nilly, but following Carla's Rainbow layout. (I hope you could follow that bit of rambling.)
The beginning of May, when pink and rose was chosen, I gathered the rest of my chunks and scraps of pink and darker other pink. I made slab blocks to go with the other slab blocks from the previous months. I think I need one more for six total.
They are odd varied sizes as of now. I will add more as the month goes one. One of my other challenges for May (One Monthly Goal) is taking some time too. I'll post about that later, but I will tell you it is definitely NOT pink.
I decided to pull the pink block from 30 Block challenge to show you here too.
There is lots of white on white negative space in those large blocks. I am sort of anxious to put these blocks together. This one is way outside my box..really pushing my envelope. Not the piecing of the blocks, they are super easy and super fun. But the modern look with all the negative space and the rainbow look is definitely different for me.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy
I'll be linking up with Angela at SoScrappy!




Great pink slab blocks!!
ReplyDeleteI enjoy making slab blocks, too - yours are pretty in pink! I like the 30 Days blocks also. They'll make an interesting quilt!
ReplyDeleteLove your rectangular slab blocks and especially the modern ones with negative space. It's a good way to get into that type of thinking, which I'm wanting to try. How big are the blocks?
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing how your PINK blocks fit together!!
ReplyDeleteGreat looking pink blocks. The slab blocks are extra fun looking.
ReplyDeleteAll your pinks look great. I like the slabblocks
ReplyDelete