Pages

Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 26, 2018

Oh My Heck! It's Spring, Mother Nature!

Did someone make you mad?

When I awoke this morning at 6:30am ( thanks to the cat!) , this greeted me.  It wasn't snowing then, traffic was moving slowly, the plows had not yet been by in our neighborhood.

 


Schools are closed today, but the City Government is open. Now 45 minutes later is it snowing again. One to three more inches is forecast.  I am anticipating a Snow Day/ Sew Day here.  I am working on a 5 yard quilt for a special person. My family is not aware of my blog and I do not think my friends have discovered it either. That is my decision.....so I don't think anyone will know if I show the progress here.

I did post these pictures on FB a few days ago to just my local quilting friends. Asking for advice about the color of the small center block in the teal/grey block.

Sorry this one is so "fuzzy".

The black centers won out!   Even Mr Busy preferred the black center. So I began. I finished cutting the fabric and spent several hours Saturday and Sunday afternoons piecing.

This is what it looks like this morning.


It is noon and still snowing off and on......but it's expected to be 40 tomorrow. It will be gone soon.

And I got this quilt back from the my quilter.  Snow Flurries need to be trimmed and bound. The binding is made and ready to be stitched on. This is always a big project for me.  I struggle with wrestling the mass of the quilt.  So it takes me awhile.

I supply the batting to my long arm quilter. So there is extra to trim off. It will be enough to make a baby quilt or maybe a table runner or two. I usually measure it, fold it and put it back in the original packaging, with a note of the size.  That way I remember is it cotton, wool, or 80/20 blend and I can tell of there is enough for a particular project.  How do you keep track of your batting extras?


Stay Busy and Stay Happy

3 comments:

  1. I keep track of my batting basically the same way except I don't usually measure it as it is in bits and pieces

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to start using your method! LOL. I end up with mismatched stuff that I don't remember, so following your advice will keep me sane. Love all the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black centers. The quilt is so striking! I used to keep track of the size of my leftover pieces, but it was too much work...or I am just lazy...but all my batting is 80/20. I use my leftovers for baby quilts.

    ReplyDelete