I have Joy School by Elizabeth Berg on my TBR shelf. A teacher friend loaned me a copy of True to Form by Elizabeth Berg. When I got to looking at it, I found it was the 3rd in a trilogy. I HAVE to read trilogies in order, so on PBS I found copies of Durable Goods ( Katie Nash #1) which I now have read, and Joy School which I hope to start the first of Feb. The trilogy will be a completion of one of the sections of the Mega Mix Challenge from Love on Reading on Goodreads. I have a January challenge going at the moment so must finish it first, before going on to the next one. I think I may have over committed!!!
"The housekeeper is ironing and I am lying on the floor beside her, trying secretly to look up her dress. I can't see anything but her slip. It is white, a skinny line of lace trim at the bottom, which I already knew because it was hanging out when she first got here, snowing down south. I had a thought to tell her, in a nice way. But what would be the point, it's only us two her and I'm not offended. "
"I used to think you had to be rich to have a housekeeper, but it's not true. Sometimes you are rich, but sometimes you only have a need and that is when you get messy housekeepers like this one. Not that I don't like her. Ginger is her name, like the dancer, and her hair is blond like that dancer too. She wear socks that fall down into the backs of her loafers -thin, white, wrong ones , though she is done with school so it isn't so important. I found out at my new high school, where I am a freshman, about wearing wrong socks and I had to quit wearing them. Of course the is only the tip of the iceberg."
This is the first and second paragraph from Joy School. I so enjoyed the first book in the trilogy, I look forward to the second.
What about you? Would you keep reading?
Tonight, is the January meeting of my f2f book club. I always enjoy the discussion that the selection inspires. We read Russian Winter by Daphne Kalotay. I gave it 5 stars! Great story, wonderfully told.
Also this week, I am working on my secret quilt challenge. What a challenge it is! WAY outside my comfort zone! I will post pictures when it is complete, the whole challenge that is. If your interested you can read what I wrote about it on a previous post, here.
I am headed to the grocery store. They are predicting snow and blowing snow, up to 40 mph winds. I want to get done before that starts!
So until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy




I have a couple of Elizabeth Berg books on my TBR shelf but I have yet to read her. She does sound good, though! I'd keep reading this one.
ReplyDeleteI am slowly making my way through this author's books. I'd keep reading.
ReplyDelete