Monday, January 21, 2013

Jan Mailbox Monday 1-21


Nothing in my mailbox this week. But I did go to the library and check out Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. The book jacket says, "Jamie Ford's first novel explores the age-old conflicts between father and son, the beauty and sadness of what happened to Japanese Americans in the Seattle area during World War II and the depths and longing of deep-heart love. An impressive, bitter and sweet debut." Lisa See. 
It is the January read for Love of Reading group on Goodreads and the February read for Ladies and Literature on Goodreads. I am about half way through it and am captivated.









I also picked up The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott. It is the alternate read for the Love of Reading group, but I wanted to read it too. I have not started it yet, but soon.







Ladies and Literature's read for January is The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. So I downloaded it to my Kindle.  I started it last night and it is really good. I know I will like it a lot.


So many books, so little time.!!!!  I keep saying that and nothing changes. I keep adding books to read !!!

I must get my challenge quilt nearer completion this week. I finished the stitching on a table topper I started a while back, so I would like to complete that too. And I volunteered to do some piecing for the NEW raffle quilt for the show planned for October 2013..........again, over committed.


I guess my mantra is

Stay Busy and Stay Happy

7 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read the first and last books! Hope you enjoy them!
    Here's My MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three of these have been on my want-to-read list for a while now. I'd gladly choose to have each one, but if I had to pick, I'd most want a copy of The Dressmaker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, all these three books I have heard great things about - and The Language of Flowers has been on my TBR shelf for too long! Enjoy your new books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice week. I have all three of those but have only read Language of Flowers, which I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't read The Dressmaker, but did like the others. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Dressmaker looks great. I have read your other two new books....both are very good.

    ENJOY!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet and I've wanted to read The Dressmaker. Enjoy!
    2 Kids and Tired Books MM

    ReplyDelete