Every month I use crumb blocks to make the Table Scraps projects. Except May was a strange month. I was gone from home for a couple of weeks. Suddenly it was the end of the month , so I got out the project box marked CRUMBS. Not one single crumb blocks in green. Not even a few scraps making the beginning of a crumb blocks.
So I started to sew pieces together from a basket I keep on my cutting table. I added pieces from a basket marked 2” strips. I even grabbed my scrap basket of chunks and partial fat quarters.
(Sorry for the shadowy photo. I finished the binding after supper while watching season 2 of Seinfeld. )
A table topper for my chair side table in our living room. Because the “theme” for this month is Green and Fresh Grass. I decided , in the middle of scribble quilting, that I would try to write with the thread. I’ve seen Joy do it and I’ve seen Sandra at mmmquilts do it.
The first attempt wasn’t too bad. But the second “ fresh grass”. looks like I may have been “smoking that grass!” I can assure you I did not, and never have. So my remedy will be to “unstitch” and redo it with hand embroidery.
Thanks Joy at The Joyful Quilter for all you do to keep this fun challenge going.
Next ORANGE and LIFE’S A BEACH!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!


That came together nicely, Judy! I love that swirly green piece that shows up multiple times. And your writing looks great, too! Did you use a free-motion foot for that? I'm impressed!
ReplyDeleteToo funny Judy….anyway as someone who struggles to stitch straight lines on the machine, my mind boggles at the thought of attempting to write with it. I’m very impressed! Those greens together are lovely.
ReplyDeleteKudos for dipping into your various GREEN scraps to make a new table mat. I love the fact that you tried something new to complete your TABLE SCRAPS Challenge entry! Quilted "writing" takes a bit of practice and I hope you'll try it again sometime, Judy.
ReplyDelete