A watermelon margarita at my favorite Mexican restaurant with my favorite son! It was so yummy!
Mr Busy wanted to stay home. He’s still not comfortable out in public.
Hopefully I will be able to come back to blogging soon. I won't promise every week, but as often as I can.
Check out some other blogs over at Not Afraid of Color.
Mr Busy came home on Tuesday the 10th of June from Rehab. He is doing well, but somedays there seems to be a stall on the road to full recovery. We have trouble keeping his blood pressure up. Opposite of my issues, keeping my BP lower!!
I am so thankful that our son was able to come a spend 16 days with us after his dad was released to come home. He has been a huge help. He mowed, turned on the sprinkler system, hooked up my outside hoses. He helped me cook and shop. He drove us to and from Dr. appts and pushed the wheelchair.
Then last Thursday, he decided to fix and refinish the top of the "pony wall" in our living room. We have lived in this house since 1988 and this top on the wall was uneven, slightly cupped.
So he built a router sled ⤴️ and cut down and sanded the plank to make it completely flat and true again↘️.
Now it is back in place. Isn’t it pretty?
I have a quilted runner that fits the whole thing, but now I don't want to cover it up. Would a long skinny one look dumb? Maybe two shorter, narrower matching runners?
On Tuesday afternoon he flew back to California. Back to working full time and loving up on his kitty.
Edit: Due to weather, planes could not fly to Denver on Tuesday late afternoon, then they found a hole in the forward luggage area and had to wait for a mechanic, from Denver!, to certify if it was flight worthy. DS decided by then he would miss his connecting flight, so rebooked a flight for Wednesday and I went out the airport to pick him up.
A painted donkey at our airport.Mr. Busy and our son, as we saw him off on Tuesday, (then he didn't go)
Today I will stitch with some of the Thursday Stitchers. It is time for our states annual Quilt Wyoming, This year held in Rock Springs. I hadn't planned on going and in retrospect it's a good thing. Because of Mr Busy's Triple Bypass and last Wednesday, my best friend's husband was killed in a motorcycle accident. The services are Saturday.
Hoping to get my Glowing Hearts done very soon. Wish me luck. Diann mentioned a hint about adding the large HSTs to the striped hearts that made them "perfect". Does anyone know the secret?
Happy Thursday Y'all!
It sure seems like summer! Will be 84 and sunny today!





Hi, Judy! I'm so glad to see an update from you. That's great that your son was able to come help out for those weeks. Sounds like he was really helpful! The new top of your wall there is beautiful. I think a long skinny runner would be perfect for it, just to "protect" the wood. 😊 The tip I got for the heart corners is to use a scant quarter inch seam when sewing those triangles, and that worked for me! Sending good thoughts to you and Mr. B, especially for that blood pressure to regulate itself!
ReplyDeleteHow nice that your son was able to spend so much time helping you out. I also like watermelon margaritas. Tasty summer drink!
ReplyDeletethat was fab and glad to see you able to post this week. You've had so much worry and caretaking for over a month now. Your son is handsome, and does look like his Dad. He was so helpful, he deserved two watermelon margaritas.... I did absolutely nothing but somehow feel I TOO deserve a watermelon margarita, LOL
ReplyDeleteLeeAnna
So great that your son could come to help! Very nice!
ReplyDeleteYay for Mr Busy being home. It must be a relief. Such pretty wood - I can see why you don't want to cover it. Good luck with your hearts. :-)
ReplyDeleteI am glad to hear Mr. Busy is back at home. It is a blessing that your son was able to be there in your time of need. I wish you and Mr. B. all the best , Judy.
ReplyDeleteI am sure having your son around and helping out was good for you both.
ReplyDeleteJudy I'm sure you are both so glad to have Mr Busy back home. My Hubs has low BP and I have high BP, so we relate to that! I pray he continues to recover well. How wonderful your son came and helped out. There is nothing quite like a son. He did a beautiful job on the pony wall top. He and Mr Busy look like twins! I'm so sorry about your best friend's husband.
ReplyDelete