Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Five favorites from 2023





As I thought about my Best of 2023, I was convinced that there weren’t five. But as I reviewed I did find five to talk about.  I’m linking up with Cheryl at  Meadow Mist Designs for her Best of 2023 Linky Party.

 I joined in with Project Quilting in January for the first time. It was so good for me. I complete all projects 2 through . I didn’t participate in the first one,  we were traveling home from California that week.

1. Project Quilting 14.2.  Pink Tint. My favorite finish. 



I concentrated on UFOs this year. My first UFO finish that was a quilt was Precarious. It’s a pattern from Kelly Young. Started in 2018, it began with crumb blocks made in the color of the month at Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 
I finished it in 2023. 


2. Precarious,  finished finally , May 29, 2023






3.  Another long standing UFO that was finished was, Growing Up Odd from Wedding Dress Blue.
June 
Started in 2021 it has 1,552  2” squares in it. Measuring 74 x74” , it was done June 30, 2023! 








4.  Another thing that was fun, was getting back into counted cross stitch. I completed a couple of sampler type stitcheries from Melisa at Pinker n Punkin Quilting.

One for Autumn 

And one for Spring! 

I hope to frame them in matching frames in 2024!,


5.  Finally, I like to participate in Quilt Alongside whenever I can.  I've done several with Sandra Walker from MMM Quilts. This is my favorite . It’s called Rainbow Neighbourhood. And hangs in our living room. 



Looking forward to having 5 Best of 2024!



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!

7 comments:

  1. You did such a great job finishing your UFOs this year, Judy! I love both Precarious and Growing Up Odd - such fun color in those. And your Rainbow Neighbourhood looks so perfect on the wall there. I'm hoping to follow your lead and finish up some UFOs in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun finishes, Judy!!! I especially love your Precarious and often admire it on your blog header. Will there be summer and winter samplers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finishes. I guess we sometimes don not realise how many quilts we do in a year. I had a lot of fun and confusion looking back

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did so good Judy! I really love your favorite one too, Pink Tint is so well done, and the quilting is perfect. Your cross stitching is impressive too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your neighborhood quilt. I've seen that one on Sandra's site. It's a favorite of mine. Yours is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all wonderful. I am in awe of all the sewing it took to make Growing up Odd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilts, all of them! Thanks for linking up with the Best of 2023.

    ReplyDelete