Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

ABC Table Scraps Challenge for November 2023





I considered just leaving this post blank! I’m sad! This is the first time since Joy began the Table Scraps Challenge that I haven’t had an entry!  My month was busy, stressful and very unproductive. A month filled with medical appointments that had us fearing a cancer diagnosis. There was a wonderful outcome from that, no throat or mouth cancer for Mr. Busy. ❤️

During all this we had all the carpet and linoleum taken out of our basement level and replaced with vinyl plank waterproof flooring. We love it. But the area included my sewing room and it was a huge undertaking to move my stuff! Thank goodness for our granddaughter and her partners. They did all the carpet removal. I am slowly moving my stash and paraphernalia back into my room. Trying to sort and downsize as I go. Also trying a new arrangement of cutting table and machine. And  there is cleaning and dusting happening too! 😀

I am sad I didn’t get ANY sewing done, but pleased and joyful for the result of the medical issues and the home improvement that happened. 

To quote Arnold….”I’ll be back!”

I’ll link this post with The Joyful Quilter and her Table Scraps Challenge post.



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!


 

5 comments:

  1. Judy, you know that this means in December you have to make two Table Scraps projects, right?! Lol! Life is just sometimes like that, though - and the best part of stressful November is the good news for Mr. Busy and the pretty new flooring. Your scraps will still be waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear a better than expected outcome for Mr Busy! I have been thinking of you. Yay for your young helpers with the room move! We had our son and grandson move a couple things for us while they were visiting, so I relate. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may have been a busy and stressful time, but goodness it looks like it was very productive... (just not in a quilt-y way).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear your good news about Mr. Busy!! Sorry that you had to endure a bit of home renovation at the same time, Judy. Thank you for letting us know why you were absent from the Challenge. We completely understand! Life just gets in the way of our quilting sometimes. We will look forward to more projects from you when they fit back into your schedule. Until then, happy organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that is cause for a wonderful celebration, I would say! At our ages, it is such a boon to stay clear of these awful diseases. What a relief! Meanwhile, sounds like quite the overhaul of your work area too. It will be an extra blessing when all is sorted and organized again. Perhaps it will give you a chance to examine your stash too and reorganize, etc. Take care of each other!

    ReplyDelete