My words this week were found while reading A Corpse for Yew by Joyce and Jim Lavene. This is the 5th installment in the Peggy Lee Garden Mystery series. This one is right up my alley, a mystery with references to gardening and even a bit of romance.
chalcedony - noun
: a translucent variety of quartz of various colors and waxy luster
" A very nice sienna-colored variety of chalcedony. Carnelian."
This description really did not help me visualize the ring that Peggy and Mia found. So I searched further. Here is an image I found of Carnelian. Now I can see what the ring might have looked like.
seitan- noun
: flavored wheat gluten often used as a meat analogue
"Fine. This is really good seitan." She tried to change the subject. " Would you like to try some?"
Ok, I still wasn't sure about what seitan might be. So enter, Goggle. I sure hope Peggy's dinner looked like example #1 and not like the 2nd photo.
This looks like it might be pretty good.
This looks a little pale and maybe not so good.
Anyway, these are my words for today.
Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy






Thank you for the photos - they really help me appreciate the words better. What beautiful quartz!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the photos - they really help me appreciate the words better. What beautiful quartz!
ReplyDeleteI actually have a chalcedony necklace so I knew that one.
ReplyDelete