Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 25, 2018

OMG March 2018

March 2018, my One Monthly Goal was to complete 6 blocks for Covered in Love .   If you want to read more about that event, check out Kat and Cat Quilts and click the Covered in Love tab at the top of her page or scroll to the bottom of her March 15th post entitled Cuddly Cozy Patchwork Quilts
and click the link.

The current 2 month goal for that block drive is to make blue , any and all shades of  blue- one solid and one print, 12.5 inch Hunter Star  blocks.

I picked some blues from my stash.


Then I picked 3 different solids and 3 prints. I'll make 2 of each color combination.  The block is made from 1 large solid and 1 large print square and 8 each smaller half square triangle .

 After drawing diagonal lines on each of the lighter small squares, I sewed 1/4" on either side of the line.  Before pressing these open, I used my Quilt in a Day(no affiliation) square up ruler. I really really like this ruler. It makes squaring up HST's so easy.


I finished the 6  12.5" squares with no real trouble. ( I did have to unsew 2 blocks because I can't seem to follow a simple diagram and turned the hst upside down!)  Then  I laid them out to see how they looked all together.





I decided that I needed to make 8 blocks instead of just 6. I went back to my blue stash and made two more.  Eight blocks are done.





 I will be linking this post to the March OMG Finish Link Up at Elm Street Quilts

Stay Busy and Stay Happy


10 comments:

  1. Thanks! They are pretty striking because of the contrast, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Hunter's Star pattern, and your blocks look terrific! Congrats on finishing your goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. I have made several star blocks, but never a Hunter's Star. This was a good practice for me.

      Delete
  3. Judy they are so pretty, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are gorgeous. I just couldn't see in my mind how they would look scrappy. I love it. You have motivated me to make some blocks and send them in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Great arrangement using the 8 blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those blocks are so striking! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done! I like your arrangement.

    ReplyDelete