What she does not expect is this: bacchanalian drunkenness, her husband sharing a dangerously intimate moment in the guest room, and two women stabbing and killing their Russian bodyguards before driving off into the night.
I was pretty sure I understood the word as used in the sentence , but I was unfamiliar with the word. So I went to my Merriam Webster online dictionary.
bacchanalia - noun : A Roman of festival of Bacchus celebrated with dancing, song and revelry and as an adjective. bacchanalian . The dictionary also defines this word as orgy 2 and orgy 3. I probably don't need to go into the definitions of this word. Either 2 or 3.
Another word from my MW Word of the Day: from November 27th -
Minatory - adj. having a menacing quality.
In the moonlight, the twisted winter trees took on a particularly baleful and minatory appearance.
Did you find any extra special words this week?
Stay Busy and Stay Happy



Minatory sounds familiar but I couldn't define it. Great words today!
ReplyDeleteI copied down bacchanalia from Laurel-Rain's post too. The word threw me right there in the smooth flow of that paragraph. I may still use it in a future Wondrous Words, but I'm not sure it's a word I would use in every day language. Fun to collect though, right?
ReplyDeleteTwo words I learned today.
ReplyDelete