Saturday, June 18, 2016

The Cat Sitter's Whiskers by Blaize and John Clement

The Cat Sitter's Whiskers (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery, #10)The Cat Sitter's Whiskers by Blaize Clement
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Dixie Hemingway lives in Sarasota Florida. She is a cat/dog sitter for the mostly rich and famous who live on Siesta Key, a sliver of sand that hugs the shoreline of Sarasota. She lives in the upstairs apartment over the garage of her older brother's house. Micheal and his partner Paco, are her port in a storm. And she has had a few storms. She used to be a police officer, but after her husband and young daughter were killed in a car accident, she couldn't go back.  That doesn't keep her from having a cop's instincts. She reads people well, most people like her and she is fearless. This can help or hinder her in the situations that seem to surround her.

I really enjoyed this book. Even though it is the 10th in the Dixie Hemingway series, I did not feel as if I had missed anything. The author uses the main characters, memories and thought processes to add her back story to the current story. I will read more of this cozy mystery series. Thanks to Cathy at Kittling Books for the giveaway.

I am linking this up to

You can find this challenge here,

Cruisin' Thru the Cozies 2016 is hosted by Yvonne at Socrates' Book Reviews



 And you can check out this challenge at The Worm Hole, this link will go to the page "Profession".

Or you can see all my challenges by clicking on  the 2016 Challenges tab at the top of my blog page.



No comments:

Post a Comment