Tuesday, August 13, 2013

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros 8-13



Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph or maybe two of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph (or2) of the current book you are reading.


"The first thing you need to do in Vegas is get laid."  Zoe Ambrose choked on a gulp of water. Her sister-in-law, Melanie, pounded her on the back. "Cough it up!"


First paragraph from Twice Tempted by Valentine Marquita on my Kindle. Granted it doesn't really tell you  what the book may be about, you can tell it is a chick-lit read.

Would you read on or would you be turned off by the rather crude language?  I'm an old lady but I am not a prude. I would read on, I already like Zoe!.  This month I am also reading Winter of the World by Ken Follett, so I needed a light fun easy read.

Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun summer read. Enjoy! Here's my Tuesday post:

    http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/08/first-chapter-first-paragraph-26-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd keep reading as it sounds like a fun book. I was reading Winter of the World before my Kindle died and I don't like reading on my phone. Need to get another Kindle so I can get back to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might be a good choice for a light fun read. Hope you love it.

    Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have a light read once in a while!

    ReplyDelete