Monday, September 28, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I am linking up with Sheila at Book Journey. It is Banned Books Week, so I should pick a banned book to read this week. Most are pretty heavy though, so I am not sure. What do you think?  Is there a banned book that would life my spirits?


I finished The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath last night. It had been on my TBR list since March 2012. Not sure why it took me so long. I cannot say I loved it. I cannot even say I liked it. Though beautifully written, it is not for the faint of heart. Depression is too close to me evidently.


Today I will start reading Flesh On The Bone by Karen Schutte. It is the next read for my F2F bookclub.

This is a depressing cover too, isn't it.?

I need to finish Fire On the Mountain by John McLean. It is residing in my car at the moment but I will bring it into the house and get it done. It is cool here today, a good day to read and sew.


Then I think I will treat myself to something lighter, happier. I am not sure what at the moment. Any suggestions? 


Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy







1 comment:

  1. Fire on the Mountain looks intense.

    Something light might be The Cake Therapist by Judith Fertig or Meet Me at The Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan.

    Have a good week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete