I am linking up with Sheila at Book Journey. It is Banned Books Week, so I should pick a banned book to read this week. Most are pretty heavy though, so I am not sure. What do you think? Is there a banned book that would life my spirits?
I finished The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath last night. It had been on my TBR list since March 2012. Not sure why it took me so long. I cannot say I loved it. I cannot even say I liked it. Though beautifully written, it is not for the faint of heart. Depression is too close to me evidently.
Today I will start reading Flesh On The Bone by Karen Schutte. It is the next read for my F2F bookclub.
This is a depressing cover too, isn't it.?
I need to finish Fire On the Mountain by John McLean. It is residing in my car at the moment but I will bring it into the house and get it done. It is cool here today, a good day to read and sew.
Then I think I will treat myself to something lighter, happier. I am not sure what at the moment. Any suggestions?
Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy





Fire on the Mountain looks intense.
ReplyDeleteSomething light might be The Cake Therapist by Judith Fertig or Meet Me at The Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan.
Have a good week.
Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My It's Monday, What Are You Reading