Monday, July 10, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?








It's really summer here in the high plains desert!  All last week the temperature reached 90 and above. This week looks like a repeat. That is hot for our part of the country!  Thank goodness it cools off some at night. I am writing this post at 6:23 am local time and it is 61 degrees. We have central air but it is an old system and we hate the noise. So we turn off the compressor as soon as the sun goes down and it starts to cool.

I am keeping up with my goal of reading 24  books this year. I realize that is doable and a not a lofty goal. Most of you bookies read many many more. But I do what I can do.

I'm almost finished with:


One True Thing by Anna Quindlen.  This book is amazing. I mean the story is wonderful, about the relationship between a daughter and her mother and father. But Ms Quindlen says things that most of us only think and would not likely utter out loud. A few pages back, a passage touched me deeply. It has been a long while since a book felt so personal and brought me to tears. Not sobbing, inconsolable tears, but the "OMG, how did she know this about me" kind. 

Upcoming this weekend, is our state quilt guild convention. I will be there Friday, Saturday and some of Sunday. This year it is in our own town, so I will sleep in my own bed. But of course, meals will be shared, friendships renewed and hopefully new techniques will be learned. If I get One True Thing finished early on, next up is: 


I know I will enjoy this one too, but in a totally different way. 

That's what I'm reading, what are you reading this week?  I'm linking up with Kathryn at Book Date. Come by and check what other book bloggers are into. 

Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy



5 comments:

  1. Those are two very different books. I really enjoy the In Death series and can't wait for the next in September. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reading is going on very well though I am sometimes a bit back on the reviews. These two are new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved One True Thing, too, both the book and the movie (with Meryl Streep and Renee Zellweger). All of Quindlen's books have that ability to resonate.

    I like the look of your lunch, too. Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay now you have made me want to read the Quindlen book so will look for it. Enjoy the guild convention, sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not a race for how many books we all read in a year. I read a ton now but a few years ago I was reading at the same pace you're reading at now.

    We're in the last few days in our current place. It seems like the work to move will never end. Come see what I'm reading when I'm not packing.

    ReplyDelete