Friday, July 21, 2017

Finish It Up Friday or maybe it's really Not!


Last weekend I attended our Wyoming State Quilt Guild convention that was held in my town. We had a wonderful time, great regional teachers and 2 fabulous National Teachers, J. Michelle Watts and Susan Brubaker Knapp. They each taught a class and had a trunk show.

I took a class from a designer and teacher from Billings MT.  This is my finished table topper/wall hanging.
 It is going to my friend and long arm quilter today. I am considering it a finish for today....but I will share it when the binding is done.



I really like the backing. This fabric has been in my stash for a few years. I seem to pick up fabric with words whenever I can. This one works for the backing here. The white fabric on the front has cherries, white on white.  I am considering some George Washington, Cherry Tree , Patriotic reference when I decide to give it a name. I think the floral border has a reproduction feel also.

I have permission to share these photos of some of the other projects completed or partially completed by some of my friends.


 This is the project made by my friend Carolyn. It was a class in the technique of using a special ruler.

 A tuffet class was very popular. And demanding according to my friend Lynn.


My friend Maggie, made two tuffets. This brightly colored one and the one below, all sewing themed fabric for use in her studio.  Talk about an over-achiever!  She was also the co-chair for the entire convention.

Maggie also entered a piece in the quilt show. It was a peoples choice type competition,and this is her entry. Applique and custom quilted. She won 2nd place.


This photo shows the back of the applique piece . Isn't it marvelous?



I am linking up with Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts and  Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts. 


Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy




3 comments:

  1. Your table topper/wall hanging is very crisp and elegant! and your friends tuffets!!! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piece is lovely. Can you tell me more about Carolyn's project?
    I love it and would like to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Such eye candy!!! I love the projects you and your friends made. Carolyn's looks like a great scrap project...

    ReplyDelete