Thursday, June 29, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? OOPS LATE!!





UPDATE: I forgot to post this on Monday the 25th.  I will post it now on the 29th and link it with next Monday's  What Are You Reading?


Last week in June.  I'm staying a little bit ahead of my goal to read, 24 books this year. I downgraded my goal from a few years ago. Mainly because of family commitments and also some sewing challenges I entered this year.  What are you reading this week? Join in at Book Date and see what lots of bloggers are reading and doing this week.

This week I am reading:

Paris Runaway by Paulita Kincer


and

Liar, Liar, Tabloid Writer by Suzie Quint


Both of these have been on my kindle for quite awhile. I am over 1/2 done with Paris Runaway. I am enjoying it!  I always like Paulita's writing. She draws me in with her characters and the situations they end up in. I wonder what I would do if my teenage daughter took a flight to Paris without telling anyone!  I can't imagine just chasing after her without much of a plan.  I'm a bit of a wuss as far as travel to faraway places. Must be the reason I like Paulita's writing. She takes me where I would never go on my own. 


I am barely started on Liar Liar but I am already involved. I don't know yet exactly why Cleo Morgan  has had to stoop to writing for a tabloid, but I want to know. This one is a bit on the racy side. Not that this old granny minds that one bit. Live vicariously, I always say!!


I finished My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman.  I will wait to do a review until my book club meets again in September. We are reading 3 of Backman's books this summer. A Man Called Ove, 


My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry,


 and Britt-Marie Was Here.



I wrote a quick review of  A Man Called Ove, here and a mini review of sorts on Grandmother here, if you are interested.

I also picked up Ceremony in Death by J,D, Robb 




and  One True Thing by Anna Quindlen

at the library yesterday. So I have some reading to do! 

There will also be some sewing and some baby watching this week. On Saturday we are planning our youngest great grandchild's 1st Birthday!!  Her actual birthday is the 7th of July, but her daddy is off this next weekend, so the party will be then. 

Until next time 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

1 comment:

  1. Anything with Paris I am in! I'm in the minority on Backman. I just couldnt get to grips with the books.

    ReplyDelete