Friday, April 7, 2017

Finish it up Friday - NADA!

FINISH IT UP FRIDAY  at  Crazy Mom Quilts


****A request for HELP at the bottom of this post. ****

This week has not been as productive as some in the past. I have a new challenge looming and it is not finished, nor will it be for some time. I will share it, if and when, I get it done.

This is just a peek. Hexies and an antique churn dash block.










Nothing was finished this week. I am sewing the binding on my crumb quilt. So hopefully by next Friday that will be done.
I am loving the lime green!


I have a retreat coming up the first weekend in May, so I have been busy cutting projects.  Half square triangle that are 2 inches will finish at 1 1/2,  Way outside my comfort zone!!

 I like to have most all of the cutting done beforehand if possible. I don't cut well with others!  :)   I love going to this particular retreat both for the camaraderie and for the setting.
But because it is a remote hunting lodge, we bring our own bedding, towels, and food in addition to machines, fabric, notions, tools, ironing boards, cutting mats and all. I am almost too old to tote all that stuff. So I have promised myself to actually "retreat" and take some "me" time too. Walk in the beautiful surroundings, read a book, do some hand stitching, maybe even take a nap. It is hard to sit at my machine for 8-10 hours a day. I just cannot manage it. I'll let you know how it goes this time.



Stay Busy and Stay Happy





PS:  Last week on Finish It Up Friday, I was visiting all the linked up blogs. There was one that had a link to the procedure and diagram of how to sure your seams in the binding were in a precise spot. For color matching. Also to make sure the seams did not land at the corners. I have tried to find it again. If anyone, can tell me where to look for this diagram, I would appreciate it. There was a drawing, and it had to do with measuring the sides of the quilt so that from point A to point B around the corner was the length of the binding strip between joining seams. Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful retreat location. I prefer to cut before and sew during, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your lime green, too! Have fun at your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going on a retreat soon, also. I'm really looking forward to it and am busy getting kits cut and ready to go. I think I'll bring a book along, too. If I get tired sewing, I'll have something else to do. Your retreat lodge looks amazing; you'll enjoy walks and spending time outdoors!
    Lime green is a fun color to add to any quilt, even in small amounts. Take heart about not having a finish, some weeks we just can't do it all. Other weeks we get several things finished. That's just how it works.

    ReplyDelete