Friday, April 28, 2017

Finish It Up Friday An Early Birthday Gift

I'll be linking this post at Crazy Mom Quilts - Finish It Up Friday!  Come  look at everyone's finishes. And join in the fun and add yours too.



This week I finished a stitchery started in late October. My intention was to finish is for my daughter for her mid-December birthday. But, stuff happens and it did not get completed. So I finished the stitching and then searched for fabric for a pillow. I decided on this Nancy Halvorsen fabric in a modern teal and gold and a bit of orange red.  This year I am purposefully using my stash. I only had enough for the 3" border on the front of the pillow and a bit extra.





 I used another lighter aqua from Nancy Halvorsen for the back. The extra was enough for the flange to cover the zipper. I had never put a zipper in a pillow before, but wanted to try every since I found a well done tutorial on Chrissie's blog, madebychrissied. You can see her tutorial here. It is her new and improved tutorial and I love it. I followed it very closely and it was amazingly easy.


 You can see I used a red zipper, but it was in my stash, the right length and it's covered up with the flange. Besides, it matches the little red flower-like circle in the fabric.  Win! win!  I will put this away for DD's 2017 birthday and hope she likes it. Her apartment will have a little bit of Christmas decor this year.



That is all that was FINISHED this week, but I am working on a skinny mini wall hanging from Patch Abilities and getting projects read for retreat next week. I may have a post for next week, it I get the wall hanging finished, but I don't think I will be able to link up with Crazy Mom Quilts on Friday. Our retreat location is remote and the internet service is sketchy at best. But I will try. I will pre schedule the post, so maybe you can find me directly.


Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment