Friday, February 10, 2017

A Finish or Three





      I've been busy in my sewing room lately. I haven't finished cutting the fabric to make the extra block for En Provence. If you remember, I only made half the suggested number of pieces and that was enough to make 8 blocks. But after looking at the layout, I knew I wanted a 3X3 setting or nine blocks. So I sort of stalled out. I'll get back to it.

I did finish the January challenge for the American Patchwork & Quilting  2017 UFO Challenge. I had hoped to make enough crumb blocks to make a top with sashing and cornerstones. I made that happen. And the backing is done too. As soon as my LA quilter returns from her vacation, I get it to her to be quilted/


This was so fun, I want to do another one. But now I have been inspired by Amanda Jean's Crazy Rails Quilt. I may have to do that one instead.  I am linking this post to Finish It Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.


I also finished the challenge project for my Local Quilt Group. It was to finish a Mondo bag. A kit I received in a gift exchange at a retreat in May 2016 and it is DONE!  It went pretty well, but if I do it again, I will not use the same kind of fusible fleece in the lining. It is heavy even empty and if I fill it like I usually do, it will be very heavy.





So now I am on to work on the February project for APQ UFO challenge, #8 on my list. It was a kit for a Magnolia Quilt by Blank Quilting.

I have the main pieces cut and will start construction hopefully tomorrow. 

I also finished reading The Guilty by David Baldacci 





and liked it a lot. It is number 4 in the Will Robie series and it did not disappoint me. I have come to expect a great story with suspense and a twist at the end from Baldacci and he delivered yet again.


Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

2 comments:

  1. Lots to talk about here! I have not read a Baldacci, should rectify that. Love the APQ crumb challenge. The black with the lime just makes the blocks sing! Am not familiar with their challenge... I've had some similar annoyances with fusible interfacing being much too stiff and as for the fusible fleece I figure I will just use regular and spray baste! Pretty bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Mondo bag. The lime sashing makes your blocks come alive. That will be one cheerful quilt. Thank you for visiting/commenting on my blog :-)
    Hugs,
    Preeti.

    ReplyDelete