Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Challenges and More Challenges



Thought I should keep you posted on my En Provence progress. And the progress on my APQ 2017 UFO Challenge and my local Quilt Chicks 2017 60 day Challenge. Whew, what is the deal with challenging myself.

To start with, I have not made much progress with my En Provence. I have about 20 more hourglass units in green, yellow and neutral to cut and sew. Then I can start to arrange on my design wall. I did have enough to lay out a preliminary block to see how it went together. I wasn't terribly excited, but really need to get it up on the wall so I can see several together. I love all the ones I am seeing on the Link Up page on Bonnie's blog.

My design wall is occupied at the moment with the January selection for  APQ 2017 UFO Challenge. Number 6 was chosen and that was a Crumb Quilt I had only had 36 blocks for. I posted about that here and here. Now I am sewing the rows together with 4 more to go. I may not get the top completed, I am debating about outside borders, but I will have made progress when January ends.

Quilt Chicks does a 60 day challenge. We turn in a list of 6 projects we hope to make progress on in the next year. 

A closer view of my list.


We also contribute $10. $4 of that amount stays in the pot, the other $6 can be earned back it we meet our challenge. We must bring the project for "show and tell" or at the least have sent a picture of it to our "list keeper" by it's due date. So last Sunday, Belle rolled the die and it landed on 5. That means the #5 on my list must be done by the  third Sunday in March. It is a Mondo Bag from QuiltSmart.


I received the pattern, the interfacing, a jelly roll and lining fabric in a gift exchange in May of 2016. The only progress I had made on it, was to read the instructions and cut apart the interfacing. As of today, I have gotten this much done.

Two sections of four needed to make the bag. 


208 2.5" squares cut from the jelly roll and placed onto the interfacing. There are 4 of these. Two are now pressed securely to the interfacing. Two more to go. Then cut lining pieces and fusible fleece and begin construction.



Also last night my F2F Book Club met, so there is that "challenge" The club's selection was The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I had read it in January 2014. I had to go back and study up a bit. I did not have good character recall. I did remember that I like her writing. Most of my book club members did not like it and/or did not finish it. Our next read is The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens.  I have read this title too, but it was last August. So I remember it pretty well. Some have already started it and are enjoying it more than The Goldfinch.  At least I won't have that book calling my name in the next 4 weeks. I am reading on my own, Most Wanted by Lisa Scottoline

and
The Opposite of Everyone by Joshilyn Jackson.

I should finish them both this month.

Until next time,
Stay busy and Stay Happy


No comments:

Post a Comment