Saturday, December 31, 2016

Welcome 2017....I've Been Waiting for You!


This is the 3rd year I have participated in the First Book of the Year event, hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey. The year my pick is Most Wanted by Lisa Scottoline.

I have had this book for a few months.  I have been wanting a special time to read it and there is none better than celebrating the First Book of the Year.  I am looking forward to getting involved with this one.

Last year I  joined several book challenges. I failed miserably at all of them except for the Triple Dog Dare Challenge.  That one was to only read books from my TBR shelves, from the first of the year until April 1st.  But all the other challenges were not completed. You can check out my 2016 challenges by clicking on the tab at the top of my blog.  This year I will do no other challenges as far as books go. I have lots on my shelves and downloaded on my Kindle.

I am doing some quilting challenges this year.  My Local Quilt Group, does a yearly challenge where we complete a UFO every 2 months. We write up a challenge sheet that has 6 projects that need to be completed or at least finished to a certain specification. One member rolls a die and whatever number the die lands on, that is the numbered project we work on. Then there is a show and tell 60 days later. I have the UFO's picked out, but we haven't met yet to submit our lists. When we do, I will have another post.

I am also participating in the All People Quilt  2017 UFO Challenge.  This one is for 12 projects. A number is posted every month and that is the project that is to be worked on each month. I have filled out the project sheet for the All People Quilt Challenge, and the challenge coordinator has announced the number for January at bit early. It is #6 Here is a copy of my list.

 I have 36 completed blocks, 5" unfinished. I need to decide if that is enough or if I need 6 more.


My stacks of crumb blocks. I have 36 so I think I will set it 6 X 6. The blocks are smallish and oh so busy, I will sash them with black 2" unfinished sashing and red cornerstones. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully!! It is a work in progress, no pattern,  so fingers crossed that it isn't TOO UGLY!!!


Well, that's as good as it gets for now
Stay Busy and Stay Happy








1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Judy :-) I remember adding this book awhile ago but didn't get to it. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete