Monday, December 5, 2016

En Provence Mystery Quilt by Bonnie Hunter Clue #2


Bonnie Hunter posted clue #2 for this years Mystery Quilt on Friday, the 2nd of December. This Triangle in a square block is one I have never made before. So I am using the Tri Rec rulers for the first time. I was a bit intimidated with the angles, but the rulers made it "sew" easy. I always have a bit of a problem with ruler slippage, I think due to the fact that I don't have good strength in my hands anymore. Usually I can solve it with small sandpaper disks, but this time I tried a hint from Pat Spaeth. I used a scrap of shelf liner.  In this picture you can see the little dots I usually use and then the green heart shaped scrap of shelf liner that I am using this time. There is not significance to the shape of the green liner...just liked it.




Here are some pictures of more four patches from Clue #1 and the triangle in a square blocks. I have 10 complete and 15 ready to sew.

All the inside triangle are neutrals in the center and a constant of magenta making the square.


You can't see it very well here, but the fabric on the yellow cutting mat is a neutral with french words and images on it. Score!!!,,, it was in my stash! 

I'll spend the rest of the week, completing these two clues. I am only making 1/2 the amount, so I will get a smaller ( maybe lap size) quilt. 


Hopefully I will be able to keep up and to complete this fun mystery.  Link up HERE to check out what the others are doing. 

Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

PS: Book related:  I finished " A Man Called Ove"  by Fredik Backman and narrated by George Newbern and so enjoyed it. Now I am listening to "The Opposite of Everyone" by Joshilyn Jackson. I am liking it. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finding the French text fabric in your stash! I just finished reading "A Man Called Ove" and enjoyed it also!

    ReplyDelete