Monday, December 19, 2016

En Provence Mystery by Bonnie Hunter Clue #4

This is not the link to Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt. To find all the clues and the instructions, go to Quiltville's Quips & Snips. You will see the Monday Link-up today, but click on the En Provence Mystery Quilt tab at the top of her blog and there will be all the info so far.

Friday the 16th, Bonnie released clue #4.  Purple Tri Recs!!  I had some leftover neutral equilateral triangles from clue #2, so I was good to start. Purples were still on my cutting table because I was still building purple 4-patches.  Only need 40 of clue #4 because I am doing 1/2 the amount, therefore getting a smaller quilt. Bonnie usually designs queen size quilts. They are awesome and they are big.



Some of the Tri Recs in progress.....I don't sit for hours at my machine. My back won't let me. So I sew a bit, stand and press, then maybe cut.....when I can't do it anymore, I sit in my recliner for 20 minutes or so and then get up and go again. Slow and steady...I 'll get it done.

All my Clue #1s and Clue #2s are complete.



Clue #3 is more that half done and my binder with all the instructions and clues is complete. Cut a little, sew a little, press a little......done!  If you want to check to see how everyone else is doing, just click on this link to go to the Mystery Monday Link-up Part 4.

I also have been gathering my local quilt group's challenge projects. We do 6- 60 day challenges to get UFO's done. So I have been sorting and studying!   The best part!

So back down to the sewing room I go. Needing some alone time and some me time. Mr Busy just returned from the vet. We had to make the decision to "put down", our little dog, Emma. She was nearly 14, but came to us 2 1/2 years ago after his mom passed away. Emma was her lifesaver, after Mr. Busy's dad passed and his mom was alone. She was a big part of our lives. She will be missed by us, our kids, and grandkids.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy




3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. It is hard.
    Glad you have the mystery to keep you busy. I have to watch my back time also. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Judy......
    I normally can't sit for hours either. Yesterday a friend "butt dialed" me so I sat talking and sewing and I was SHOCKED when I hung up that I'd finished.
    I am also doing Bonnie's Orca Bay mystery from 2011. I just blogged about that too..... I need my head examined for sure!

    Happy Holidays....will be checking back on your progress too!
    Peggy in NJ

    PS: It takes about 2 hours to get to NYC. We live at the Jersey Shore...but since hubby and I are both retired we can go whenever the mood strikes.

    ReplyDelete