Monday, December 12, 2016

En Provence Mystery by Bonnie Hunter Clue #3



Clue #3 was revealed on Friday, the 9th. Yah!  Purples!!  Again we are doing four patches but only 168 for the whole quilt, and that means only 84 for me. These are to be dark purple and light purples in the configuration. I wanted a good variety so I cut some in strips and matched up pairs, but I also cut 2" squares of some real scraps from my stash. I have a pretty good variety now I think.




You can see I still have some neutral fabrics on my cutting table and the magenta is still laying out. I am pretty conservative when I cut, so I cut a bit and then sew, then cut more if needed. I am still sewing on the neutral 4 patches as leaders and enders on a Quilt of Valor that my local quilt group is working on. Most of us are making a top and backing and 3 of our members have long arm machines, so they will do the quilting. We hope to have them all finished for presentation in the summer at our state guild convention. Anyway, lots going on in my sewing space this season.

If you are interested in checking out the progress of others who are doing the mystery this year, just click HERE.  There are lots of us participating and there are some fabulous fabrics.

Stay Busy and Stay Happy






4 comments:

  1. I was so excited to start that I forgot to check my scrap basket. I don't use purple a lot so I'm sure there wouldn't have been much but even so, a little bit of variety is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are looking good, 'specially on the yellow cutting mat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds a very interesting quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going for half size as well at this stage, but maybe change my mind later. I can see me getting carried away!

    ReplyDelete