Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Bake, Battle and Roll by Leighann Dobbs (2nd selection in the Cozy Mystery Collection)

Bake, Battle & Roll Guys (Lexy Baker Cozy Mystery, #6)Bake, Battle & Roll Guys by Leighann Dobbs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Although I am a big fan of cozy mysteries, this one left me a bit wanting. I think it may be because it is #6 in the Lexy Baker series and I have not read the previous ones. I liked the characters of Nans, Lexy' s grandmother and her detective posse friends the best. Maybe all chefs are shallow, but I don't think so, and the bikers were just too cliche. I want to try to get a better feel for Lexy, and will go back and read the first in  he series. I have read another cozy by this author and liked it a lot.

To be fair, Lexy is a tenacious, nosy young lady. Anxious to enlist her grandmother's help in solving crimes that she feels most of the area detectives can't accomplish. She does love her fiance and police detective, Jack, but she even oversteps her bounds with him. And that's what cozy mysteries are all about. Nosy, buttinskis that can't leave the police work to the police.


View all my reviews



I am linking up this review to Yvonne's cozy challenge at Socrates' Book Reviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment