Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Wondrous Word Wednesday June 15, 2016


Wondrous Words Wednesday is a weekly meme where you can share new words that you’ve encountered or spotlight words you love. Feel free to get creative! If you want to play along, grab the button at Kathy's blog, write a post and come back and add your link to Mr. Linky!

A friend on FB, mom of a 7 year old , he'll be 8 in July, posted this with a picture of him reading the computer screen of a game he is interested in playing. I had to look up redacted also!


"Proud (geek) Mom moment. Isaac read the entire character description without stumbling and only needed the definition for redacted."




redact - transitive verb

1: to put in writing : frame

2: to select or adapt (as by obscuring or removing sensitive information) for publication or release; broadly : edit

3: to obscure or remove (text) from a document prior to publication or release




During my deputy training, we were subjected to a lecture by a retired medical examiner visiting from Orlando who had made a name for herself in the field of forensic osteology

From my current read, The Cat Sitter's Whiskers by Blaize and James Clement

I could figure this one out, because of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. But I was unfamiliar with the word.

osteology - noun

Medical definition of osteology

1: a branch of anatomy dealing with the bones

2: the boney structure of an organism



Did you find any wondrous words in your reading or listening this week?


Stay Busy and Stay Happy











3 comments:

  1. I only knew the third meaning of redact. I find it interesting that some words have so many different meanings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only know redacted becausw I read way too many legal thrillers.

    ReplyDelete