Saturday, June 11, 2016

Saturday Snapshots June 11 2016



To participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky on Melinda's blog, West Metro Mommy Reads .  Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online


Today I am sharing some photos taken by friends and family. A collection of summer scenes. 

This one was taken by my sister on a morning walk. She is lucky enough to have a wilderness area close to her home. She calls it Double Ducks. 

My sister-in-law and my brother are new retirees and are very good at finding fun things to do and places to go, just because.  My home town of Rapid City SD, has developed a Downtown Plaza in recent years. There is a celebration every Thursday night. Music, food, and events. Last Thursday it was very warm, finally and the fountain was turned on. They allow kids to play in the fountain.


And a friend discovered this beauty among the flowers on display at Walmart. I think it is stunning!

Hope everyone has or is having a great weekend.

Stay Busy and Stay Happy

9 comments:

  1. Really like the picture of the kids playing in the fountain, and the butterfly is amazing. My Snapshot is at https://thebooktrunkblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great shots! I would love to take a morning walk in that setting, and that fountain is gorgeous. The glorious joy of nature show in that butterfly. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While the butterfly is gorgeous, I like the fountain photo best- it really says summer doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your photos are beautiful! I especially like the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! I especially liked the reflection of the duck and the water photo.

    Hey, we have family all over the Black Hills! We are coming into Rapid for a visit this summer :) Won;t be there on a Thurs the weekly celebration. My kids' favorite spot in Rapid is Dinosaur Hill (also my husband's fave when he was a kid).

    Sue

    2016 Big Book Summer Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fountain pic - great use of the lighting - it looks very arty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, that last picture is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely thing to do for the kids in the summertime. I really like your photos.

    ReplyDelete