Saturday, June 4, 2016

Saturday Snapshots 6-4-16



To participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky on Melinda's blog, West Metro Mommy Reads .  Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online


This week has been a bit busy as well. Some of you who visit here occasionally know that last Saturday we had family here, for a baby shower. I shared some photos here. I decided to share some more and a couple from the rest of the week.

 I asked Mr Busy to take pics with my phone, while I tried to write down who the gifts were from.

The content show lots of foreground of messy tables etc. ugh!  And bits of others getting photographs. She opened tons of clothes and a few other things like, diapers, wipes and an extra car seat base for the infant carrier. This being their second baby, most of the other "necessary" items they already have.




I need to try to crop and edit some of the shots. Mr Busy put my phone on video, so I have a great many. 


It is finally summer here in NE Wyoming. 70 and even 80 degrees on one day. 

Brats and beer were enjoyed one evening. Paper plates are our norm in the summer. 

I finished the binding on a small lap quilt that had been in my pile of UFO's ( unfinished objects) for far too long. 



And I got a quilt back from a friend who has a longarm machine so that will get binding in the next week or so. 


Before you get too excited, the center of the quilt is a panel, not appliqued. I bought this kit at a quilt shop in downtown Chandler AZ.  Wish I could remember the name of the shop. 

Here is a closeup of the quilting that Linnie did on her longarm machine. 


And I bought a few potted things, so I can get my outside pots ready to set out, now that it is finally warm enough that I don't have to worry about frost. 

Thursday was our wedding anniversary and Mr. Busy bought me a pot already planted with red,  white, and purple petunias. I love it. 


Thanks for sticking with me on this photo heavy post. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy


11 comments:

  1. Baby showers are so much fun! I love looking at all the cute things they have out now.

    It's in the 90s here.

    Happy Anniversary to you and the Mister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. So much pink cuteness was unwrapped. It's hard to believe we have been married almost 3X as long as I was single!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you have been busy, as your blog name suggests!! A fun busy though. :) It looks like the baby shower was a success! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It has been a busy time, but fun!

      Delete
  3. Happy anniversary, and what lovely quilts and petunias. Love the shower pics, too. You have been busy, for sure! Enjoy the weekend, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the anniversary wishes! 52 years is a long time!!!!!!

      Delete
  4. I like all you photos but of course I zeroed in on your quilting ones. I really like the pattern and the colors of the lap top. Just gorgeous.

    Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Busy. Enjoy your warm-weather weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margot. I am kind of partial to green and purple. That pattern was a mystery that a group of friends did. It's hard to know what fabric to buy when you don't have an idea of what the pattern will look like.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful, joyful photos! The quilts are truly gorgeous. Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilts. We didn't used to have baby showers, but they seem to be spreading to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baby showers are so much fun! Don't worry about the messy tables--no one will remember them!

    ReplyDelete