Monday, June 13, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? June 13th





It's Monday! What Are You Reading?  is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. Share what you are reading, what you read recently or what you hope to get to in the coming week and then link up with Kathryn at Book Date. It is a great place to see what is going on in the blogosphere and to add to your reading lists.






 Still working on this collection, the first in the group is Ghostly Paws by Leighann Dobbs. 



I will like it I am sure, if I can just pick up my Kindle and get to it. 





I am enjoying this one too. Although it is the 10th in the Dixie Hemingway series, it doesn't feel as though I have missed anything. Dixie tells her back story, or least parts of it, well enough that I do not feel lost at all. I am pretty sure I will gladly pick up the first several in this series. ( This one was won in a Giveaway at Cathy's blog, Kittling: Books.Thanks again Cathy)


Next I will select either:  Broad Influence by Jay Newton-Small,  one of my book club's summer selections


2016 will be one of the most historic years in politics: It marks the potential for the first female President of the United States, and the 100th anniversary of the first woman elected to Congress. Additionally, in 2016, single women will be one of the most pivotal voting groups heading into the general election, being courted by both Democrats and Republicans.


or The Quilter's Homecoming by Jennifer Chiaverini, a series I started years ago and then let fall away. 




  

Hope your week is productive on the reading front and enjoyable too. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy





12 comments:

  1. The Cozy Mystery book looks fun ~ I love cozies! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Broad Influence looks interesting and as you note, very timely. I haven't seen it before. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy good cozy mysteries, and that collection looks tempting. Thanks for sharing...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read a cozy mystery in a zillion years. That's too long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is definitely a historic year! Enjoy your cozies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your cozy books. They all look good. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started the Jennifer Chiaverini series - first two but haven't got back to them. I sure hope the women are winning in the USA in many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Broad Influence looks fascinating...I'm going to have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books on your list! I've been wanting to read the Leighann Dobbs books and I have some on my Kindle. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover for The Quilters Homecoming. I have a couple of books by that author on my TBR list but have yet to read any of them. Hope you enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like the covers of your cozies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cozy mysteries look really good to me. I will have to check out the Dixie Hemingway series sometime. We might have those at my library. I hope you enjoy your reading and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete