Monday, June 20, 2016





It's Monday! What Are You Reading?  is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. Share what you are reading, what you read recently or what you hope to get to in the coming week and then link up with Kathryn at Book Date. It is a great place to see what is going on in the blogosphere and to add to your reading lists.


On my nightstand:


Surprisingly, I am liking this book. I am learning some things, and discovering some new words.

A favorite quote so far:  " Women aren't necessarily less partisan than men, but they are more inclined to listen and try to understand the other side." 


On my Kindle:



I am finally engaged in this one, well the first in the collection anyway. The main character, Wilhelmina Chance, is the proprietor of the bookstore in her hometown of Mystic Notch, New Hampshire.  And of course, she has discovered a body, the body of Lavinia Babbage the head librarian in her hometown.  And there is a cat, Pandora.  I'm hooked!


Not sure how my reading will go this week. Our granddaughter is in early stages of labor and Mr. Busy and I are in the wings to take care of the almost 3 year old, soon to be big brother.  Reading time could be at a premium. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy


8 comments:

  1. The cozy collection looks like fun...I don't often pick up short story collections, but when each story is a mystery, I like the idea of it. Thanks for sharing. Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't often pick collections either, but as I remember this one was reduced on Amazon a while back. I am a sucker for free or nearly free!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I definitely want to read "Broad Influence!" It looks fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure about it, but I am finding it very interesting.

      Delete
  3. While I don't read many cozy mysteries one set in bookstores certainly appeal - those and quilting ones!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on the quilting ones. Lately, the cozies I have chosen have cats, food ( The White House Chef series) and growing things (Peggy Lee Garden Mysteries). All good!

      Delete
  4. Broad Influence sounds fascinating. I'm going to look that up.

    Congrats in advance on the new baby in the family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Broad Influence looks like an interesting book. I'd like to read it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete