Monday, June 27, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 27 June - Books and other stuff




It's Monday! What Are You Reading?  is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. Share what you are reading, what you read recently or what you hope to get to in the coming week and then link up with Kathryn at Book Date. It is a great place to see what is going on in the blogosphere and to add to your reading lists.


I am so disappointed in my reading lately. I can't seem to stay on task and finish a book in a reasonable time. I could blame it on the fact that the TV is always on in the living room, but I could go to the family room in the basement. I blame it on too much time spent looking at other blogs, but that is fun too. I could blame it on that I have other things I  do too, like quilt and not to be forgotten, cook and clean and laundry. "Sigh"

OK, whining over!!


This week I am still working on Broad Influence.

I have been learning a lot and enjoying the read. But waiting til bedtime to read is not working.



And I have not turned a page in Ghostly Paws


I did attend a Open Sew Day on Wednesday. It is a fund raiser for our local Quilt Show Steering Committee and because we (are on call waiting on our granddaughter's baby #2, I took just hand sewing. So if she called, I would not have to pack up a machine and all the paraphernalia that goes with sewing away from home. 

This morning there is a distinct smell of smoke in the air. There are several timber fires burning within a 90 mile radius of our small city. It is so dry this year and we got very little snow last winter. I feel so bad for those directly affected and pray for cooler weather and some rain.Thankful too that we have firefighters both local and state and federally funded, that have the means and the courage to battle these infernos. 


 Close up and far away. It is terrifying!  One family has lost everything.

 The rest of us have lost our beautiful vistas in our home state. 



Stay Busy and Stay Happy


2 comments:

  1. You're still reading and I'm still interested! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My review is posted here and on Goodreads.

      Delete