Tuesday, June 21, 2016

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - 6/21/16 The Quilter's Homecoming


Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts this Tuesday meme. It is a place to share the first paragraph in the first chapter of a book you are reading or hope to get to soon. It is a great place to see what others are reading and add to your ever growing list of title to explore. So let's share. Write a post and then go link up at Diane's blog.






The Quilter's Homecoming
Jennifer Chiaverini
Simon & Schuster Paperbacks 2007

Chapter One
1924



As her father's car rumbled across the bridge over Elm Creek and emerged from the forest of bare-limbed trees onto a broad snow-covered lawn of the Bergstrom estate, Elizabeth Bergstrom was seized by the sudden and unshakable certainty that she should not have come to this place. She should have stayed in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, to help her brother run the hotel, even though business invariably slowed during the holiday week. Or she should have offered to help care for her sister's newborn twins. Even celebrating Christmas alone would have been preferable to returning to Elm Creek Manor. Her lifelong feelings of warmth and comfort toward the family home had suddenly given way to dread and foreboding. She would have to pass the week next door to Henry, knowing that he was near, and waiting in vain for him to come to her.


What do you think?  Continue or pass?  This is the 10th in the series of Elm Creek Quilts  by Jennifer Chiaverini. I enjoyed the first nine, and then did not continue. Not for lack of interest or want, there are just so many books that catch my interest. But I was given a copy of The Lost Quilter, #14 in the series and I must read them in order.  That's just me. So off to the library I went to check out #10, #11, #12, #13.

Stay Busy and Stay Happy

6 comments:

  1. Great first paragraph. It makes me wonder what's wrong, and what's going to happen next. I've read a few of the Elm Creek books and liked them. Good luck in catching up on the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd read a bit more to see if this held my interest. I haven't read this series although I've heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a great sense of bad things to come...or at least, very sad. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “BEACH BLUES”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not so sure about this one. I'd have to keep reading. I'm curious to know why the character's feelings have changed so drastically, and why she's waiting for Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried this author but, I know she is pretty popular. I'd try it as long as it wasn't a series book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the intro, but since it is a 10th in a series, I'd would not pick it up.

    ReplyDelete