Tuesday, June 7, 2016

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Cat Sitter's Wiskers



Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts this Tuesday meme. It is a place to share the first paragraph in the first chapter of a book you are reading or hope to get to soon. It is a great place to see what others are reading and add to your ever growing list of title to explore. So let's share. Write a post and then go link up at Diane's blog.




The Cat Sitter's Whiskers
Blaize & John Clement
2015
A Dixie Hemingway Mystery #10



1

It was a little after 5:00 on Monday morning when I pulled my bike out and brushed off the dewy cobwebs that had appeared between the spokes overnight. The sky was coal-black except for the vaguest hint of pale pink breaking at the horizon to the east. I knew once the sun got herself situated it would be hot as blue blazes, but for now there was a cool breeze riding in on the waves from the ocean, so I zipped up my hoodie before I rolled across the courtyard. 



Are you a cozy mystery fan?  Would you read on?

10 comments:

  1. I love a good cozy every once in a while. This sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been quite a while since I read a good cozy. I don't know why because I really like them. This sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could be a good one. I would keep reading. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good opening. I like "hot as blue blazes," and I'm wondering if the character is older. Sounds like a fun story!
    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog today.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable cover! I do enjoy cozies, and this one sounds like fun. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “THE GIRLS”

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to find a cozy series to follow. Each installment is like a visit with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All that imagery! This looks like a cozy mystery I'd love to read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute cover! I like the teaser. I can feel the breeze just from the opening you shared.

    ReplyDelete