Monday, May 30, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 5/30/16







It's Monday! What Are You Reading?  is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. Share what you are reading, what you read recently or what you hope to get to in the coming week and then link up with Kathryn at Book Date. It is a great place to see what is going on in the blogosphere and to add to your reading lists.


No books were finished this week either!  I am not sure what is happening!  So I am in the middle of Chesapeake Song by Brenda Lane Richardson and still have only touched Ghostly Paws by Leighann Dobbs. 

My only excuse is Saturday was the baby shower for my granddaughter. Company was in town from Montana, South Dakota and Colorado. I was cleaning, wrapping presents, making cupcakes, watching her son while she got her nails done, etc, etc, etc.  Reading was only in bed and by bedtime I was "wiped out" and fell asleep. We had a marvelous time at the shower. I will have pictures to share soon. 

Here are the cupcakes I baked and "built". 

It is a bit hard to see, but I saw the idea on either Facebook or Pinterest.  Dollar store wine glasses, with M&M in the bottom and cupcakes set in the top. I found "it a girl" printed, pink and white M&Ms on Amazon and then saw the cupcake wraps too. They look like crowns and really added to the look. Since my ordinary cupcake liners were only white, it worked out well. The holders to transport them were built by Mr Busy out of $$ store poster board and some bamboo BBQ skewers.  We just taped curly ribbon bows from Walmart to the corners.
If you attempt this idea, know that for 24 cupcakes you will need at least 2 lbs of M&M's. I was surprised!  Could have mixed with nuts I guess, but the grandma to be is allergic to nuts, the momma to be is Gluten Free and Dairy Free, so I just let the glasses be a little less that brimming with candy!



Oh, and two baby blankets were completed. 

 This one is roses, and polka dots, and checked fabric.
I love how it turned out.

This is just a self binding receiving blanket. Two coordinating pieces of flannel.


Reading took second place last week. Hopefully this week will be better. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy




23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blankets...and cupcakes. What fun! No reading can compete. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, I may do them again with R,W,B for 4th of July!

      Delete
  3. Sounds lovely.

    Beautiful decorations. Those cupcakes are amazing.

    I am stopping by from Sheila's Morning Coffee Post and of course Kathryn's It's Monday Post.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Party's are always fun! The Morning Coffee post is going to be fun and a bit terrifying( a selfie every week!!!) hee hee!

      Delete
  4. Ah sometimes reading has to take the back burner Judy and it looks like to me you accomplished so many other things. Love the blankets. It is a bit of a land mine baking these days with so many allergies about. You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making baby quilts. I am learning quite a bit about baking gluten free. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  5. Love the cupcakes. I am sure the new momma did as well! Hope this week find you able to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Everyone thought the cupcakes were adorable. As you can see from my late response, this week has been dicey as well. "sigh"

      Delete
  6. The blankets are beautiful! And those cupcakes are adorbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin. We had fun putting all the elements together.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on the granddaughter! The cupcakes in glasses look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth. We had a lot of fun planning and making it happen.

      Delete
  8. Reading has moved to a back ring here also. Baby quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The baby quilt is gorgeous! I love the cupcakes. They're so pretty. It's always such fun with a Pinterest idea really works! It sounds like a crazy week! Hopefully the next few weeks will be a little calmer and you'll have some more reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You accomplished a lot, with the shower, lovely cupcakes and baby blankets. Wow! We can always read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! Have a great week. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cupcakes turned out beautiful, as did the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cupcakes are so pretty -- nice idea! Love the blankets too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun are those cupcakes! Love that idea. And the quilts? wow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a neat idea for cupcakes, and the blanket is adorable!

    ReplyDelete