Tuesday, May 3, 2016

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Hurricane Sisters






Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts this Tuesday meme. It is a place to share the first paragraph in the first chapter of a book you are reading or hope to get to soon. It is a great place to see what others are reading and add to your ever growing list of title to explore. So let's share. Write a post and then go link up at Diane's blog.


The Hurricane Sisters
Dorothea Benton Frank
Harper Collins April 2015


Prologue

According to Liz


My husband, Clayton, and I were at the police station getting my mother, Maisie, out of jail for brushing up against the wrong side of the law. Her actual charges were still unclear. She claims it is not against any law in the state of South Carolina to take a llama for a walk on the open road. He was, after all, on a leash. The local police beg to differ, saying it is an act of animal cruelty, endangerment, and reckless behavior. Legal or not, it wasn't normal. I was glad they brought her in to the police station until I could get there because her behavior surely demonstrates a lack of sound judgement. Or not. Maisie was crazy like a fox and we all knew it. So I sat and waited while Clayton made it right between the Town of Mount Pleasant and Maisie by writing a check. 



So have you read The Hurricane Sisters?  Would you read on?  Have you read any of Dorothea Benton Frank's other novels?  


Stay Busy and Stay Happy




6 comments:

  1. This sounds like it will be really amusing. I like Dorthea Benton Frank. Definitely keep reading! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! I want to read more from this author. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this author in years. This one sounds like it might be enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started this book on audio and need to get back to it to see what happens

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this one but it sounds good. Love that cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought this was really fun. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete