Saturday, April 30, 2016

Saturday Snapshots Last day of April, Let's Bring on Spring!!


It's Saturday!  It's time to share snapshots!  Check out Melinda's blog at West Metro Mommy Reads for a few rules then share your photos. 

We had a bit of a return to winter in our area this week. Tuesday we got somewhere between 6-8 inches of wet wet snow. "We need the moisture" is on everyone's tongue. I know, but come on! It is nearly May!! 

 Our back deck!
Our front yard. You can see it really isn't sticking on the street. But Mr. Busy and our granddaughter's husband drove to Colorado this day (Tuesday) . DH said it was the worst roads he has ever driven on. I am glad I did not know how bad it was. I was worried enough as it was. 

These are roses in a friends yard. Pretty yes! 

 But I would rather be seeing these happy daffodils that are blooming in my SIL's yard.

 Or these two flowering trees she "spied" on her morning walk.


So come on Spring!  You can do it!!  No snow this morning, but dreary and overcast and promising rain. May 1st is tomorrow, so Mother Nature, let's see what you can do to bring on the sunny, warmer weather.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy


12 comments:

  1. All that snow is quite beautiful, but then I no longer have to live or drive in it. I've never seen snow on roses. That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jordan is quite the gardener and loves to take pictures. I am glad he did.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I haven't seen snow in 30 years and miss it so much. The photo of the snow on the rose bush is quite a contrast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't hate snow, it fact it is beautiful, but I am ready for spring now!

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos, especially the snow on the roses. I hope your snow is completely gone by now and springtime flowers are blooming.
    Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is still snow on the north side of the house and in sheltered areas, but the sun is promised for later in the week. My strawberries have tiny white blooms on the south side of the house. Go figure!!

      Delete
  4. ha ha - my Saturday post 2 weeks ago was similar - lots of flowering blooms with a day of snow! But we only got a light dusting. 6-8 inches?? Wow, that's a lot for late April! Where are you?

    Hope you get back to spring now!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in NE Wyoming. About 2 hours west of the Black Hills of South Dakota. Are you familiar with this area?

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness! And it is already summer here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you having Summer storms and tornadoes?

      Delete
  6. Ohhh that looks very cold!

    We're having a very warm Autumn in Sydney - very little rain and gorgeous days hovering around 23/24 degrees C. Lovely, but winter will be a rude shock when it does arrive.

    I hope you get some Spring soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring will come, I am just anxious. I have a young friend who just moved to Melbourne. She shared lots of pictures of the beach and the water. It must still be quite warm there. I will have to do the C to F conversion.

      Delete