Monday, April 4, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?




It's Monday What Are You Reading is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. Share what you are reading, what you read recently or what you hope to get to in the coming week and then link up with Kathryn at Book Date. It is a great place to see what is going on in the blogosphere and to add to your reading lists.




On my nightstand:
Before Liz Lemon, before "Weekend Update," before "Sarah Palin," Tina Fey was just a young girl with a dream: a recurring stress dream that she was being chased through a local airport by her middle-school gym teacher. She also had a dream that one day she would be a comedian on TV.

She has seen both these dreams come true.

At last, Tina Fey's story can be told. From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon -- from the beginning of this paragraph to this final sentence.

Tina Fey reveals all, and proves what we've all suspected: you're no one until someone calls you bossy.


I am enjoying this one so far. It is classic Tina Fey, a bit raunchy, a bit raw and a lot funny! I have been wanting to read this for some time and I will link review to :
Read a book with an article of clothing in the title. = BossyPANTS. 


On deck: 

Life may have been hard on Addie French, but when she meets friendless Emma Roby on a train, all her protective instincts emerge. Emma's brother is seeing her off to Nalgitas to marry a man she has never met. And Emma seems like a lost soul to Addie-someone who needs Addie's savvy and wary eye. It isn't often that Addie is drawn to anyone as a friend, but Emma seems different somehow. When Emma's prospective fails to show up at the train depot, Addie breaks all her principles to shelter the girl at her brothel, The Chili Queen. But once Emma enters Addie's life, the secrets that unfold and schemes that are hatched cause both women to question everything they thought they knew. With Sandra Dallas's trademark humor, charm, and pathos, The Chili Queen will satisfy anyone who has ever longed for happiness.

This one is another on my list of titles for What's In A Name 2016. Read a book with a country in the title. I thought I remembered the author's name, and when I picked it up from the shelf at the library, I realized I had read The Persian Pickle Club years ago. I am anxious to get started on this one too. 

I hope to finish both of these soon and get caught up on my reading goal. Hope you have some good reading coming up. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy




16 comments:

  1. My daughter really liked Tina Fey's book and has recommended it to me. Glad you're enjoying it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can sometimes be over the top! But lots of it is really really funny!

      Delete
  2. These both look good...I enjoy Tina Fey...and I've been curious about Sandra Dallas books. Enjoy! Here are
    MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am anxious to read Sandra Dallas again, and Tina Fey can be so "down to earth " funny!

      Delete
  3. Bossypants fits great into the challenge. I heard it is great on audio. I haven't read that Sandra Dallas yet. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would guess it is really good on audio, I have Amy Poehler's book on audio. Will get to it soon.

      Delete
  4. Bossypants is such a funny book! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should read Bossypants because I love the description. Here is what I read last week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have to be in the right frame of mine to read Bossypants and you certainly cannot be easily offended by the real life humor that she shares.

      Delete
  6. I bet the Tina Fey book is a lot of fun. I have Amy Poehler's book waiting on my shelf to be read soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Amy Poehler's book as an audio. I am anxious to listen to it.

      Delete
  7. Good for you for having the grace to enjoy Tina Fey! Somehow, she drives me crazy. I think I just have a far different sense of humor than she does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her sense of humor is sometime crude. The book seems to be lots of her truth!

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed Tina Fey's book. I listened to the audio which she narrated and that was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are reading a lot of my favorites lately. I loved Chili Quern. It's a little different from Sandra Dallas' other books. I haven't read Persian Pickle Club yet but want to. That would be a good one for the What's In a Word Challenge.

    ReplyDelete