Monday, April 11, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? The Chili Queen and Ready Player One




It's Monday What Are You Reading is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. Share what you are reading, what you read recently or what you hope to get to in the coming week and then link up with Kathryn at Book Date. It is a great place to see what is going on in the blogosphere and to add to your reading lists.





Life may have been hard on Addie French, but when she meets friendless Emma Roby on a train, all her protective instincts emerge. Emma's brother is seeing her off to Nalgitas to marry a man she has never met. And Emma seems like a lost soul to Addie-someone who needs Addie's savvy and wary eye. It isn't often that Addie is drawn to anyone as a friend, but Emma seems different somehow. When Emma's prospective fails to show up at the train depot, Addie breaks all her principles to shelter the girl at her brothel, The Chili Queen. But once Emma enters Addie's life, the secrets that unfold and schemes that are hatched cause both women to question everything they thought they knew. With Sandra Dallas's trademark humor, charm, and pathos, The Chili Queen will satisfy anyone who has ever longed for happiness.
The Chili Queen is the winner of the 2003 Spur Award for Best Western Novel.



On my Kindle: 
in audible version


n the year 2044, reality is an ugly place. The only time teenage Wade Watts really feels alive is when he's jacked into the virtual utopia known as the OASIS. Wade's devoted his life to studying the puzzles hidden within this world's digital confines—puzzles that are based on their creator's obsession with the pop culture of decades past and that promise massive power and fortune to whoever can unlock them. 
   But when Wade stumbles upon the first clue, he finds himself beset by players willing to kill to take this ultimate prize. The race is on, and if Wade's going to survive, he'll have to win—and confront the real world he's always been so desperate to escape.

Sheila at Book Journey raved and raved about this being soooo good.  I had to spend an audible credit, so this is one I picked. I also finally got a Smart enough phone that  I can listen to books. And I loaded audible on my phone, I hope to be able to listen while I get my steps in this week.


I will also be sewing this week, going with my Mr. Busy to a doctor's appointment and probably attending a funeral. I got word late last night , that my boss of 27 years (before I retired) had passed away. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy


1 comment:

  1. The Chili Queen is catching my eye. :)

    ENJOY, and I hope your week has been good.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete