Tuesday, April 5, 2016

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday 4-5-16 Bossypants




Every Tuesday is the day to share the first paragraph or two of a book you are reading or want to read soon. The event is hosted by Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea. Let's share!


Bossypants
Tina Fey
Little, Brown and Company  2011


For Jeanne Fey
Happy Mother's Day.  I made this out of macaroni for you.


Origin Story

My brother is eight years older than I am. I was a big surprise. A wonderful surprise, my mom would be quick to tell you. Although having a baby at forty is a commonplace fool's errand these days, back in 1970 it was pretty unheard-of. Women around my mom's office referred to her pregnancy as "Mrs. Fey and her change-of-life baby." When I was born I was fussed over and doted on, and my brother has always looked out for me like a third parent.


So what do you think? Would you continue?  Have you already read this one?  I am enjoying it. It is true Tina Fey humor. So be forewarned.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy

7 comments:

  1. I have heard good things about this book, and enjoy Tina Fey...so, yes, I would keep reading. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “FRICTION”


    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a lot of hype about this book and wondered if it lived up to its press. Sounds like it's worth reading.
    My Tuesday post features a mystery thriller: THE SHADOW CARTEL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to the audio version and just loved it! Hope you are enjoying the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's an entertaining read, as I recall. Tina Fey is a comic genius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I listened to this book - read by Tina Fey. For me it was very funny and insightful. I hope you enjoy it too. My husband and I just saw her latest movie (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot) and really enjoyed it, but then I am a fan. Its definitely R rated.

    ReplyDelete