Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wondrous Words Wednesday 3/2/16



 Kathy at Bermuda Onion hosts Wondrous Words Wednesday. It is a place to share new and wondrous words you found while reading or listening. Or maybe just words you want to highlight. 


  1. These words were found while reading The Liar's Club by Mary Karr. There were lots of unusual probably regional words. Ms. Karr writes from her heart and from her gut. I read the phrase while reading in bed one night, and did not make note of the page number. I cannot find the exact quote now. I had heard the word "pernicious anemia" but that did not really help me define it. 

  1. pernicious fruit
  2. causing great harm or damage often in a way that is not easily seen or noticed
  3. highly injurious or destructive :  deadly
  4. 2archaic :  wicked




axiomatically - adverb                             pg 311   The Liar's club

"Few born liars ever intentionally embark in truth's direction, even those who believe that such a journey might axiomatically set them free." 

obviously true
  1. taken for granted:  self-evident axiomatic (an axiomatic truth)

  • 2:  based on or involving an axiom or system of axioms (an axiomatic set theory)

  • ax·i·om·at·i·cal·ly       adverb



    Did you find any wondrous words lately?




    Stay Busy and Stay Happy








    5 comments:

    1. I knew pernicious, but axiomatically was new and interesting for me. (and, it's quite a mouthful!) Thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I agree with Julia; axiomatically IS quire a mouthful!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Two knew words for me, thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Always good to add more vocabulary. Fun words.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Good ones today. Axiomatic is one I'd like to use in my everyday vocabulary. It shouldn't be that hard since I use automatic a lot. I'm going to give it a try.

      ReplyDelete