Saturday, March 5, 2016

Saturday Snapshots March 4th Spring is Coming?


Saturday Snapshots is hosted by Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads. After reading the few rules, post your photos and link them on Melinda's blog. Then visit other bloggers to see their snapshots.



I am sorry about the quality of the photos today. It is dreary and early here. And the camera on my phone is not as good as some.

I usually change out these small stitchery blocks at the beginning of each month. A group of ladies that I stitch and quilt with all joined this Block of the Month from Shabby Fabrics several years ago. There are 12, so each month a different one goes on the metal stand and it sits on top of our entertainment center in our living room.


  I also have this small space between the front "coat closet" by our front door and the opening to go downstairs. I have several seasonal banners, more than one for each month!  They are from a company called Patch Abilities. Of course, this is the one for March.


And I am bound and determined that Spring is coming, so I took down a small winter scene and hung up my stitched Spring wall hanging. The colors for this one are outside my usual selections. Lots of pink and pastels. I have one stitched and completed for Fall. I am in the process of finishing one for Summer and the Winter one is still has not even been stitched.


It is hard to see the detail. This photo is from the camera on my phone. It is all stitched with embroidery floss. There are several spring flowers, apple blossoms, lily of the valley, jonquils, tulips, grape hyacinth and  bleeding hearts. It is further embellished with wool leaves and beads.  This pattern is from Crabapple Hill. You can view a close -up of the pattern on their website.


I am not affiliated with any of these companies, I just want to give credit where credit is due. They are not my original designs.

Lastly, to confirm that Spring is coming and has made an appearance here in NE Wyoming, these are a few of the crocus in my friend's yard. On the sheltered south side of her home, but they are blooming and that makes me happy.

taken by my friend


Stay Busy and Stay Happy


7 comments:

  1. I love the quilt! The darker colors I find appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful creations. I like the idea of the block-of-the-month squares displayed on a little stand. I'd like that for our house, especially since you've combined quilting and embroidery. Looks like I'll be adding another project to my endless list of to-dos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilts and crocus! I love the idea of changing the quilts for the seasons. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when you share photos of your quilts. I can enlarge them on my big computer monitor and - I must say - they are SO beautiful. I also love the combo of embroidery and quilting. My favorite of this group is the Spring wallhanging. All those tiny half-triangles - whoa! You are a great artist. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to quilt when I was a stay-at-home. I'm pretty sure I'll do more when I retire in a few years! Beautiful work.

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/03/happy-cooking.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quotes! I get you about the dreary weather. We're in the midst of it now. Sigh...we are heading south for Spring Break and I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete