Tuesday, March 29, 2016

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros- The Littlest Cowboy ( The Texas Brands Book #1)


I am linking up this morning with Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea. Every Tuesday she hosts a  place to share a book you are currently reading or one you plan to start soon. Write a post about your current read and then link up at Diane's blog. From there, you can check on what others are reading or hoping to read soon.





The Littlest Cowboy
Maggie Shayne
Published 1996


Chapter 1



Garrett Brand awoke in a cold sweat, some foreign kind of dread gnawing at his stomach. Heart pounding, he sat up fast and wide-eyed, his fist clenching defensively before he got hold of himself. Blinking the sleep haze from his eyes and taking a few deep breaths, he let his tense muscles relax and unclenched his fists. There was nothing wrong. There was no reason for that panicky feeling that had slipped through him like a ghost slipping through a wall. No reason at all.  



This has been on my Kindle for some time. I must admit, the cover won me over and the price. I believe it was 99 cents  on Amazon. What do you think?  Would you read more? I was wondering how the cover connects with the story but if you check the synopsis on Goodreads, it will give you a clue.



Stay Busy and Stay Happy


6 comments:

  1. Adorable cover! I am now very curious about why Garrett has awakened with that panicky sense that something is wrong. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover is so cute! And for .99, I'd definitely give it a shot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kay. I went to Goodreads to check it out and decided to put it on my to-read list. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an adorable cover, but, not sure this one is for me. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't see the connection to the cute baby on cover. Love the opening. Would like to know more about this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an intro! After reading the Goodreads blurb to see what it's all about, this is something I would keep reading!

    ReplyDelete