Tuesday, March 1, 2016

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - 3-1-16 Fannie Flagg


Every Tuesday Diane hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where she shares the first paragraph sometimes two from a book she is reading or thinking about reading soon. Share a book you are interested in reading and link up at Diane's blog, Bibliophile by the Sea


The All-girl Filling Station's Last Reunion
Fannie Flagg
Randon House Trade Paperback 2014


A Most Unusual Week
Point Clear, Alabama
Monday, June 6, 2005
76 and Sunny

Mrs. Earle Poole Jr, better known to friends and family as Sookie, was driving home from the Birds-R-Us store out on highway 98 with one ten-pound bag of sunflower seed and one ten-pound bag of wild bird seed and not her usual weekly purchase for the past fifteen years of one twenty-pound bag of Pretty Boy Wild Bird Seed and Sunflower Mix. As she had explained to Mr. Nadleshaft, she was worried that the smaller birds were not getting enough to eat. Every morning lately, the minute she filled her feeders, the larger, more aggressive blue jays would swoop in and scare the little birds all away. 


This is an upcoming read for my book club. Would you read on?  Have you read this one?  It has been on my TBR list since 2013 and on my actual shelf since November last year.


Stay Happy and Stay Busy

10 comments:

  1. I have not read a Fannie Flagg book for a long time. Hope your group enjoys this one. That's a lot of birdseed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one--quintessential Fannie Flagg. You are in for a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this one! Fannie Flagg always makes me laugh and keeps me turning pages. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “NO ONE KNOWS”

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in for a treat. I really enjoyed this book. I listened to it while working on a big sewing project and it was the perfect companion. Laugh-out-loud funny in places, sad in others. I just started re-reading Fried Green Tomatoes. Fannie Flagg is always good company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely am interested in this one. It sounds wonderful. I hope you and your book club enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe we both featured the same book, especially since it isn't a new release! I loved this one and hope you do too.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a long while since I read this author but, she is generally very enjoyable. From this intro I would read more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've enjoyed this author's other books so I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd need to know more about this one, but I hope it provides some good discussion for your book group.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a good book club read. It also sounds like it will be very funny, judging from the opening. That cover sure looks like a step back in time to the 1940s! I might try this one, just to see if I like it. Hope you guys in the book club enjoy it!

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my own Tuesday Intros post!! :)

    ReplyDelete