Saturday, February 20, 2016

Saturday Snapshots February Celebrations


Saturday Snapshots is hosted by Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads. Share photos, one or many, that were taken by you or a family member or friend. Please, not a random photo off the web. The only other rule is that the photos be suitable for all eyes.


This week is a transitions week for me. Sunday was Valentine's Day of course. Nothing special was planned but we did go out to breakfast and Mr Busy brought me these flowers on Saturday. I am not a rose lover so these are some very pretty carnations from the grocery store. It IS the thought that counts not how much money you spend.


Our daughter sent us two commemorative Bronco cups. We will love using those.




And Tuesday is my birthday. A milestone one!  Two cards from a couple of very dear friends who I sew with. And some fun little gifts. A pattern for zippered pouches, a coloring book (you're never too old to color) and a To-Do notepad. It says Wake up, Quilt at the top and at the bottom of the list is Quilt, Go to Bed.





And I have joined Weight Watchers again, and so for my birthday, Mr. Busy bought me a FitBit. I have been wanting one and we picked it out yesterday. The first one went back to the store and I finally gave up syncing the second one to my phone and just synced it to my laptop. I will continue to work at getting it to work with my phone, but maybe my phone just isn't smart enough!


Oh, and I have started to journal. The white and black flowered book on my chairside table is a new journal.  I hope to at least track important thoughts, events and feelings and maybe even some mundane information like weather, and lunch dates, and when the dog went to the groomer. Life stuff.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy

7 comments:

  1. I have a pretty floral journal in my bedroom on the desk near my bed...my new DIL gave it to me, among other gifts, when they were visiting this summer. I haven't used it yet...I have terrible handwriting these days!

    Lovely flowers and mugs...and happy birthday! February is a good month for you...and I love it, too, with my two granddaughters sharing birthdays that month.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying not to be to critical of my handwriting and just journal. In the past that has been a stumbling block for me.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and thanks for the birthday wishes. I remember my mom's 70th birthday, we had a great celebration.

      Delete
  2. It looks like you've had a full and special week. Three big starts - journaling, WW and fitbit - all in one week, plus two special holidays. Good week indeed!

    This post has that nice journal feel to it so you're off to a good start. Good luck with all your new ventures and also happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I don't celebrate much anymore, but as my friends all say, having a birthday is better than the alternative!

      Delete
  3. A friend has a Fit Bit she loves. Unfortunately she has had to return it to the store several times. Hope you can figure out how to sync yours to your phone.

    A big happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fit Bit seems to be working to sync to my laptop and I am here often, so it will be OK. Thanks for the birthday wishes! Who knew I would get to be this old!!! heehee!

      Delete