Saturday, February 6, 2016

Saturday Snapshots 2/6/16








Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads hosts Saturday Snapshots. Share some pictures taken by you or a friend or family member, not something found on the internet and then check in to see posts of other fellow bloggers. The only other small rule is content should be appropriate for all eyes. 


This week I haven't read much. It has been cold and we received more snow. I didn't even take pictures of that, I am tired of snow.  But I did try a new pattern that a friend showed me for a table topper or wreath. The pattern is called Fold'n Stitch Wreath by Poorhouse Quilt Designs. I picked up some fabric at JoAnn's and set about reading the directions. On Wednesday, my Loose Threads quilting group met and my friend Marva Jo and I worked on this project. 

Here are two views of the "candle ring" sitting on the coffee table in our living room. On the second one you can just barely see the dog sleeping on the couch! What a spoiled little Shih Tzu she is!






This project uses 3 fabrics and a stiff interfacing. I used Valentine fabric for all three. But my friend used a general red fabric for the edges of the squares and the same black fabric for the backs of the squares. Her inside white fabric was pink and red hearts on a white background. The white fabric has words. It says You're My Type followed by a red or pink hearts. Just one word of caution if you buy this pattern and want to make it. A directional fabric for the inside of the square is not a good idea!.  I made it work, but not without some "unstitching" and some head scratching!



I found a red candle in my stash of decoration, but I think it really needs a large red pillar candle or a red candle in a taller vase or jar. What do you think?  It was a fun project, Mr. Busy's first response was, "that's pretty" and then "how are you going to store it".  That is a dilemma. I think it will have to have its very own box.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy






9 comments:

  1. What a clever project! I can see how the directional fabric would be challenging. You did a great job of making the design come out perfect.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely!

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/02/penny-parker-klostermann-there-was-old.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! And that dog has certainly claimed her space...lol.

    Beautiful colors and design. I think either that candle or a taller one would look nice.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed! That looks clever and complicated, but probably a fun and satisfying project. I like your husband's typical husbandly comment. I keep hoping that some day I'll hear, "OMG you're a Genius!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. It looks very complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty. where can i buy the pattern for this

    ReplyDelete
  7. That candle ring is quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete