Monday, February 29, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 2/29/16


IMWAYR is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. Share what you are reading, what you read recently or what you hope to get to in the coming week and then link up with Kathryn at Book Date. It is a great place to see what is going on in the blogosphere and to add to your reading lists or piles of titles to be read.

It's Leap Year so today is extra time to read. I guess you could spend it doing chores but why not chose to spend it reading or maybe in the Northern Hemisphere, taking a walk in anticipation of Spring. I am not sure what it is like in the Southern Hemisphere, is it working it's way into Fall? Is it cooling off a bit? However you chose to spend your extra day, I hope it is a great day.


Today I will!

Finish: The link will take you to the Goodreads page-


Mary Karr

Last night I stayed up too long watching the Academy Awards and so only read about 10 pages again before my eyes got sleepy. I am not sure yet how I feel about this book. I won't write a review until after my book club meets for discussion. It is raw and gritty. It is a memoir after all, but wow it is unbelievably real. The life Ms Karr experienced and endured is something.  

I hope to listen and read: 


Jane Austen


My library had an MP3 CD copy of the audio version. I haven't tried yet to insert it into my laptop or CD player, so I hope it works. Speaking of audio books, I have discovered I somehow got a trial at Audible.com and I do not remember signing up. And so then I did not cancel it after the 30 days and so I have purchased a new month.  I have tried audible.com in the past but do not like listening on my Kindle. I can't hear it well enough to do other things while listening and isn't that the point of audio books? I got a CG at Amazon for my birthday, so maybe I should invest in wireless/Bluetooth speakers. If I upgrade my phone in 2016, I will make sure it supports a reading app. Then it will be more portable. 

Also, on the horizon is to dig into:

V.R. Christensen



Happy Leap Year Day
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

4 comments:

  1. I forgot all about the Academy Awards. I had little interest since I know I didn't see any of the nominated movies since I haven't seen a movie for over a year. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to hear Mary Karr speak last fall. What a great speaker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the audio of Emma works too. I couldn't stay up for the entire awards show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I thought of that yesterday - an extra day in the year for whatever! Yes funny today as I write March 1st is closing and it was a little cooler. I put on a cardy for all of 30 min and then I was too hot! But we have had a hot summer. Love the butterfly on the cover of Of Moths and Butterflies.

    ReplyDelete