Tuesday, February 2, 2016

First Chapter First Paragraph Intros - The Nightingale





Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros. It's a place to share the first paragraph or two from a book you are currently reading or hope to start soon. Share a book you are reading, then link up to Diane's blog.



The Nightingale
Kristin Hannah
St Martin's Press


ONE

April 9, 1995
The Oregon Coast

If I have learned anything in this long life of mine, it is this: In love we find out who we want to be; in war we find out who we are. Today's young people what to know everything about everyone.They think talking about a problem with solve it. I come from a quieter generation. We understand the value of forgetting, the lure of reinvention. 



I have had this on my Kindle for awhile now. I love reading Kristin Hannah. I've read lots of historical fiction set in WW II. I have been reluctant to read another. But my friends have been praising this one lately, so I will get to it soon. Tomorrow it has been out for one year. Maybe I will get to start it tomorrow.

What do you think? Have you read The Nightingale?


Stay Busy and Stay Happy

8 comments:

  1. I, too, have heard so many wonderful things about The Nightingale and I have a copy either on my Kindle or in my audiobooks library - can't remember. I am determined to read this in 2016. Hope you enjoy it! The first location listed - The Oregon Coast - ought to be enough for me. I love the Oregon Coast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this book but it's on my list. Books set in World War II are fascinating to me, and I especially enjoy stories set in the Pacific Northwest where I now live.
    My Tuesday post features GIRL IN HYACINTH BLUE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Nightingale is the March selection for one of the book clubs I belong to. I'm glad you shared the first paragraph. I like it and it's the incentive I need to get going. I've been putting it off because it's a big book and I know it's going to require many hours. Glad to hear everyone likes the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is waiting on my kindle, too. Hope to read it within the next few months. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't read anything by this author in years and I like the intro so would continue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really did enjoy this book when I read it last year - I do hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this book, hope you do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read All the Light We Cannot See last year and am hesitant to start another WWII book - but a friend gave The Nightingale to me for Christmas, and like others here, your snippet has encouraged me... Thanks Judy!

    ReplyDelete