Sunday, January 3, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 1/3/16



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you are and about to be reading over the week.  It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever-growing TBR pile!  This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. So share what you are reading this week and link up with Book Date. 


Print Book:



August Shroeder, a burned-out teacher, has been sober since his 19-year-old son died. Every year he's spent the summer on the road, but making it to Yellowstone this year means everything. The plan had been to travel there with his son, but now August is making the trip with Philip's ashes instead. An unexpected twist of fate lands August with two extra passengers for his journey, two half-orphans with nowhere else to go.

What none of them could have known was how transformative both the trip and the bonds that develop between them would prove, driving each to create a new destiny together.
 

I am enjoying this one. It was my choice for First Book of 2016 and I am still working on it. 


On my Kindle: 

from Goodreads:

Twenty-four-year-old Pax Tate is an asshole. Seriously. He's a tattooed, rock-hard bad boy with a tough attitude to match. His mother died when Pax was seven, leaving a hole in his heart filled with an intense guilt that he doesn't understand. What he does know is that he and his dad were left alone, and they have never been close. Now, he uses drugs and women to cope with the black void in his soul. He pretends that the emptiness isn't there and this has always worked . . . until he meets Mila.

Sweet, beautiful Mila Hill is the fresh air that Pax has never known in his life. He doesn't know how to not hurt her-but he quickly realizes that he'd better figure it out because he needs her to breathe. When the memories of his mother's death resurface to haunt Pax, Mila is there to save him from his overwhelming guilt. Mila restores his broken heart, even as she evokes his powerful, sexual desires. Now for Pax to keep Mila, he needs to work on his issues-and stop being an asshole. But is that enough to make her stay?
 

This one is a bit on the steamy side. I'm not put off by that, it's just different from the books I have been reading. I hope to finish them both this week. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy

8 comments:

  1. Both new to me. Sounds good and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of Take Me With You. I recently read and loved a book by this author (my first), so I'm eager to learn more about this one.

    Thanks for sharing...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of Take Me With You. I hope your enjoying it. You can see mine here: http://theresaraymer.blogspot.com/
    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Reading!!

    I don't know these books.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that you are enjoying your first book of the year. Mine was great, good to start off with a satisfying read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read Take Me With You. Hope you have a great week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catherine Ryan Hyde's books always have such heart. I'm glad you're enjoying this one. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete