Monday, January 25, 2016

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday - Here Today, Gone Tamale by Rebecca Adler



Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros. It's a place to share the first paragraph or two from a book you are currently reading or hope to start soon. Share a book you are reading, then link up at Diane's blog.

I received this cozy mystery in a giveaway at Beth Fish Reads in December. I am anxious to start it.



Here Today, Gone Tamale
Rebecca Adler
Berkley Prime Crime
      / Imprint of Penguin Random House



Chapter 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Josie!" Aunt Linda's high-pitched drawl soared like a heat-seeking missile up the wooden stairs from our restaurant below, through my quaint living room and into my sweet but tiny bedroom. 

   There are three things Aunt Linda and Uncle Eddie have in common with tamales: they're unpretentious, comforting, and fattening when consumed in excess. 

So would you read this cozy mystery?  I already like the sounds of this one. Can't you just hear Aunt Lydia?


I'll have a review when I have finished. And thanks again to Beth Fish Reads and Penguin Random House. 



23 comments:

  1. Oh yes that sounds like a great opening for a cosy mystery - Happy reading and well done for winning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Hope you enjoy this as much as I did. It's a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to getting into it.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read a cozy in years so this seems like a fun one. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots out there to choose from these days.

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've ever read a cozy mystery, but I'd continue reading. I hope you enjoy!

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give them a try. Usually very engaging.

      Delete
  5. You know any book that includes Mexican food is OK in my book. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are recipes in the back too. I'm fond of Mexican also.

      Delete
  6. Some spicy descriptions here. Hope you like it. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love the sound of this one, and the cover, too. I've been eyeing it. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll get into this one very soon. I am really looking forward to trying your selection from today too.

      Delete
  8. I haven't read a food-related cozy in quite some time. This one sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the ones that have food references. Sometimes there are recipes. There are several in this book.

      Delete
  9. Yum, makes me want a big plate of tamales. I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never made tamales, but I love eating them!

      Delete
  10. I hope you enjoyed this one! I like the sound of it. I think I am in the mood for a cozy. Too many serious reads of late.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the win. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete